Thursday, January 22, 2009

What is a News Fast?

Good morning everyone,

Rates have been trending down nicely with the recent drop in the Bank of Canada’s overnight night. Our best 5-year variable rate is Prime plus .6%. Prime is now at 3% (that would put you at 3.6%) and rates may drop further when the Bank of Canada meets again March 3rd.

What is a News Fast?

Last month when I was getting ready for a presentation I delivered at YCR head office Finding Opportunities in a Down Market, I found that had to stop reading the newspaper because I couldn’t stand reading all the bad news. I needed to be in a positive mindset for the presentation and all the bad news just wasn’t helping. I casually mentioned to a friend that had started avoiding the newspaper. He said “Oh yeah, you’re on a news fast!” I didn’t know there was a term for it but I was intrigued, so I looked it up on Google and found this great article. The author, a personal development coach, talked about his news fast and I felt better knowing that I wasn’t the only guy avoiding the lousy news. I have since started reading the newspaper again in limited doses. To read the article, click here http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/09/overcoming-news-addiction/ to visit the author’s blog.

Rate Advisor

Want to have my weekly rate updates delivered to you inbox? Visit my Mortgage Alliance rate page at http://www.mortgagealliance.com/davidgrossman/default_Agent.asp?ContentTypeID=&PageID=10 to sign up.

If you need help with a mortgage, call me directly at 416 876 2031.

Have a great day!

David Grossman MBA
Mortgage Alliance Mortgage Loans Canada Inc.
Tel: 416 876 2031
Fax: 416 987 5631