When it comes to getting advice on something as important as your mortgage, are you getting the service you deserve?
I've come up with a list of commandments or 'rules of engagement' - how I think a mortgage broker or agent should engage his/her customers. Check them out below...
• Thou shalt not charge exhorbitant fees
• Thou shalt not push a borrower into a mortgage they cannot afford
• Thou shalt not arrange a mortgage for a borrower who doesn't understand the risks of the mortgage ie. variable vs. fixed
• Thou shalt not arrange a mortgage at a higher rate of interest than is necessary in order to earn a bigger finder's fee
• Thou shalt not arrange a mortgage for a borrower on a longer term than is desired by the borrower in order to earn additional finder's fees
• Thou shall always return calls promptly
• Thou shall keep clients up to date with the status of their application
• Thou shall give borrowers honest feedback about their application up front, whether it is strong or weak
• Thou shall respect the privacy of borrowers
• Thou shall put the financial well being being of borrowers above all else and treat borrowers as you yourself would want to be treated
If you need my help with your mortgage, give me a call!
I look forward to hearing from you!
The Mortgage Mensch
Tel: 416 876 2031